Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why I Hate Being a Science Major

This is a 2:30 am post, so all the stops come out.

Don't get me wrong. I love science. Yay Science! I am a double Biology/English major (and yes, before you say anything, I am aware that it is an unusual combination) and I am enjoying the challenge it gives me on the average day.  4 weeks into the semester is not an average day.  It is not even an average week.

I have a Chemistry exam at night on one day, an Anatomy and Physiology Theory exam the next and a lab Practical for Anat. and Phys. the day after that.  Not too mention I get all of 3 days to recuperate (and by that I mean study my ass off) for a Biology exam and then finish a 5 page English paper due the very next morning.

Now I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking <<Sara, if you didn't procrastinate so much, you wouldn't be having these problems, now would you?>>
And I'm thinking <<Hey you! You're an asshole!>>

But really.  What I'm trying to say is 5 major exams as well as a multitude of busy-work items is not necessary for students to understand science.

So kids, what have we learned today?  Study hard, go to college, and continue to get creamed by the education system, only this time, you get to pay for it.

Love and Kisses!

(P.S. There reason Einstein's hair was like it was is because he pulled at it in frustration at the unnecessary amount of stress instructors put upon their students...yeah.  Well, that's my theory anyway.  Maybe I can get it named after myself, ya think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment