Friday, February 8, 2013

1000 Pageviews and A Regretful New Years Resolution

I HAVE GOTTEN 1000 PAGEVIEWS! (not including my own) So thank you everyone who has visited multiple times. You make me feel validated. :)
As you may have noticed, I posted absolutely nothing in January.  This is not because my life has been uneventful. As the new philanthropy chair for my chapter of Alpha Delta Pi (woo!), I have been coordinating with other chapters and within my chapter. Spring recruitment was an enormous success with 10 new members. Classes have been super busy (I'm taking calculus, genetics, a genres class on utopias, organic chemistry, choir, and wildland fire behavior which happens to be a class where I learn to fight fires. I know. Be jealous.) and all the things that usually sweep along with the start of a new semester are going full tilt.
Also, I am currently in withdrawal.
Withdrawal from what, you ask? No, not from something interesting like alcohol, heroin, or meth.  No, I am in withdrawal from something far more boring yet devastating.  I am in withdrawal from candy.
Hi. My name is Sara. I am addicted to candy.  I love Twizzlers, Snickers, chocolate bars, Red Vines, Smarties. Basically everything except for black licorice. But really? Who likes that?  For New Years, I have given up candy (with the exception of conversation candy hearts because I can't live without those and they only come once a year anyway). Unless the candy is embedded within a dessert, I am not allowed to touch it. M&M cookies? Can't do it. Chocolate chip cookies? Totally OK.  Candy decorations on top of cakes and cookies? Not allowed.  Death-By-Chocolate pudding-dessert? Well...probably not, but I'm totally down for pretending I don't actually know what's in it.
Yes, I regret giving up candy for New Years. But at the same time, I have done so well so far. There's only once that I ate 1 disc of Dove but in my defense I was really really hungry and I didn't know when dinner was going to happen.  But besides that! I have done super well! Yay!
Anyway, let me know your New Year's Resolutions that you're keeping and the ones you've already given up on! (I tried to exercise for 5 minutes everyday. I didn't even last a day. Whoops!!!)

Cheers!
http://www.mscareergirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Halloween-candy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment